English Rights Campaign

to defend the rights and interests of the English nation

Sunday, March 22, 2009

THE BRITISH INQUISITION

Further to the item posted earlier today, it would seem that Mr Kumarasiri was wrong. Having a brown skin does not protect someone from the British Inquisition:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7956570.stm
Page last updated at 12:53 GMT, Saturday, 21 March 2009
Foreign ban postmaster leaves job


Mr Kumarasiri said he could not serve people if he did not understand them.

A postmaster from Nottingham who refused to serve customers who could not speak English has left his job.

Sri-Lankan born Deva Kumarasiri, who worked at the sub office on Sneinton Boulevard, made the national news after announcing his policy.

He had claimed non-English speakers frustrated other customers and made it difficult to do his job properly.

But managers at the Post Office said the service was for all and they were concerned about the impact on trade.

There were also reports that Polish migrants had been boycotting the branch.


I suspect people in this country would be offended by what this man was doing
John Heppell MP

Abida Raja, whose family runs the branch, said they had to take action. He said: "It was my brother's decision because obviously he was very upset by those comments, because we're losing customers because of it.

"He had to do something about it, because obviously we don't feel that way about anyone else, we don't discriminate against any customer coming in, because obviously the customers keep the business going."

Mr Kumarasami's policy had also been criticised by the Racial Equality Council and MP for Nottingham East, John Heppell.

Mr Heppell said: "This was a little bit strange. What do you do with tourists?

"If I was abroad and if someone refused to sell me a stamp because my French or German was not good enough, I think I would have every right to be offended and I suspect people in this country would be offended by what this man was doing."

Mr Kumarasiri had told the BBC he had turned away about six customers who had wasted his time and annoyed other customers by not being able to understand English.

He had said: "I am part of a service but how can I serve them if I don't understand what they are asking for?

"When I came to England I obeyed the British way of life, I got into the British way of life.

"That is what I ask everyone else to do - respect the country where you are working and living."

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/printerfriendly.aspx?itemid=1282105
InTheNews.co.uk
Foreign language ban postmaster removed
Saturday, 21 Mar 2009 12:02


Mr Kumarasiri is now working at a different post office in the area.

A postmaster working in Nottingham who refused to serve customers who couldn't speak English has been removed by the store's owner.

Sri-Lankan born Deva Kumarasiri's decision to turn away customers from a post office in Sneinton Boulevard for their failure to integrate into British society by not speaking English made the national newspapers earlier this week.

Mr Kumarasiri stated that it was difficult to serve customers who spoke in foreign languages.

Speaking to the BBC Nottingham East MP John Heppell said the postmaster's decision would cause difficulties to tourists.

"If I was abroad and if someone refused to sell me a stamp because my French or German was not good enough, I think I would have every right to be offended and I suspect people in this country would be offended by what this man was doing," he added.

Local newspaper the Nottingham Evening Post reports that Mr Kumarasiri was now working at a different post office but was determined to maintain his stand on customers speaking English.

It reports Mr Kumarasiri as saying: "I will continue with my policy and try to do what is best for the people of Nottingham."

© 2009 www.InTheNews.co.uk .